Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Designer Reading Glasses and other Eye Glasses topics.
Yes, even your eyes have a dress code in the corporate world. Gone are the rhinestone reading glasses popularized by secretaries in the 1960s. Some points to remember:
* Rhinestones are out in fashion reading glasses, even for secretaries.
* Unless you work in an art gallery or funky store, hand painted reading glasses aren't appropriate, even on casual Fridays.
* Save the crystal reading glasses for the weekend.
* Choose dark- or neutral- colored frames to present a professional image. Choose silver, gunmetal, brown or black for men, but brown, golden tones, silver, burgundy and coffee colors for women.
* You can never go wrong with gold or silver frames on your designer eye glasses.
* Stick with lenses shaped like ovals, rectangles and almonds. Big square glasses look too severe.